Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A Day in Mysore!

The moment Friday sets in; I feel a feel that I do not feel on any other normal day! Its all but the Friday feel that makes me smile the whole day.
The reason being simple: Mysore Roads are calling me!
I start my journey to Mysore in the evening and the very thought brings a simper on my face.
It’s been nearly 5 years since I am away from home, working, independent. However, Dad still treats me like a kid. No matter the rains, the chill weather, the traffic, he always ensures that he waits for my bus, sees me, keeps my bag at the footrest and takes me home on that little old scooty of ours.
On our way he would allure me to the roadside junk and ensures that he too gets to eat in my name. And every time we have fulfilled ourselves with the churmuri, nippat masala, or the dahi puri or the raja special, he says, “Tell Mom, Bus was late” “Don’t tell her we ate out”!!! LOL!!
We reach home and as usual Mom knows we both have had junk and come. Finally, during dinner, the whole family, mum, dad, bhai and bhabhi and me sit on the floor and eat together. I just love it!!
Then of course, you have the Idiot Box which I do not get to watch when I am in Blore. I sit for hours together watching stuff which mum watches and then we lie down in our bed talking till late night. Mum, is my best fren and it’s wonderful to share stuff with her. All the itsy bitsy stuff!!
Saturdays, I wake up really late and then its normal routine. Either just laze around reading ARCHIES form the library or help mum and bhabhi in the kitchen. Then in the evening again go to the library with mum, pick more comics, on the way again hog the churmuri , hot jalebis , have a cup of coffee at “Sweet n Spice” and get back home. Life is so goooooooooooooodddddddddd….no tensions….family around, the city that you grew up is with you….all the vendors know you…they have seen you eating their stuff since your childhood and everything is jus so picture perfect.

Alas, it lasts only for 2 days. In all for 4 days in a month. BOOOHHHOOOOO!!!! L
I wish I worked for 4 days and had month long holidays with the same monthly pay!! Can we have it the other way round pleeeeaaassseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

No comments: